Tuesday, October 28, 2008

We pushed a button and elected him to office.....

I just saw the movie "W" and I'm not quite sure how to form my reactions. I'm shocked at how empathetic Oliver Stone was in depicting W......As much as I disagree with him and generally dislike him, I genuinely feel for the poor guy. Apparently I'm not immune to ANY story in which a parent is dysfunctional or inappropriate. That being said, I have to say one of my big problems with the movie is the extent to which everyone around Geourge W Bush is blamed for the mistakes in his presidency. There is no doubt that many people in this administration have made awful decisions, but let's not take the focus entirely off the person that is ultimately accountable. I think Stone may have been TOO sympathetic to bush's plight.......The fact that a liberal filmmaker made such a movie kind of surprises me, but at the same time speaks to the idea that every situation has multiple truths (even if we all know MINE is the right one).
Weird tidbit - the movie had several former cast members of ER. Funny.
Also - the actress that played Condi Rice needs an award. She freaking hit that right on the head.
to break up the seriousness here, let me say that I have some great news. Three months after moving, I found my Burberry perfume!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, it was like fate or something else equally ridiculous. I went to an old backpack, opened it up, moved three things and found it, like my hand was drawn to it. Clearly I wanted to smell good today.

2 comments:

her said...

wait...i thought MINE were right?.

P.S. It's slightly maybe perhaps in a small small way possible that i put your burberry perfum in aforementioned backpack. butyou can't prove it!

her said...

why haven't you updated yet? i mean, it's almost been 12 hours. i'm not addicted.